Thursday, September 27, 2018

Skirting the Issue

 For the past few years, I've been shying away from skirts. With the weight that I've put on in my belly and hips, I felt skirts accentuated it even more. Sure, the waistband usually hit me at my smallest point, but then the fabric just pushed out too much (especially my profile). Dresses didn't do this to me so I stuck with dresses. I sold off many of my skirts and wasn't really buying any for a long time. That is until Anthropologie tempted me too much this Summer with this cute gemstone print and this stamp print. And now the skirt featured here of course! One thing that all 3 of these new skirts have in common that was appealing to me is elasticity in the waist. The gemstone print waist is entirely elastic - the stamp print, and this one, have a flat front but elastic in the back. This really helps with fit as weight fluctuations occur.
I couldn't resist the folksy print on this skirt - animals like foxes, bunnies and birds mirroring each other - it is completely what I love and expect from Anthropologie. The colors are perfect for Fall, although I kept things pretty basic with a black tee and jean jacket. I'll be looking to restyle this by pulling more of those colors soon!

Latigo Sandals : Anthropologie (old)
Black Tee : Meijer
Jean Jacket : TJ Maxx
Sunglasses : Target




1 comment:

Joe Blow said... Best Blogger Tips[Reply to comment]Best Blogger Templates

Sexy bitch, just jacked off to these pictures