Sunday, October 29, 2017

Crochet Remix

Looking back on last weekend, the weather was so gorgeous! It was the last bit of nice weather and we took full advantage of it. I wanted to share this remix I wore for a trunk-or-treat event and then a school fundraiser last Saturday. The colors in this sweater are so "Fall" so I hope I can get past that and wear it during other seasons. I changed out the top (Puella Swing Tank : Anthropologie), jeans (American Eagle) and moccasins (Minnetonka : TJ Maxx).
In my last post I talked about routines and how nice they can feel. But on the flip side, I want to talk about some of my frustrations in getting too "comfortable". I need to make some changes to become healthier. I've put on some weight and we all know the older we get the harder it gets. I know what I need to do, I just have to do it! Hubby too. Over the past couple of years, I have even bought 2 programs : MuTu, which is specific to Moms and strengthening the muscles that get stretched out due to pregnancy. And 21 Day Fix. I've following the eating portions of these on and off, but just could not bring myself to do the workouts that came with them. You would think that if I spent money on something I would do it......
It's not even about size, it's about how I feel. I am starting to have more aches and pains that I never had before, and I am more tired. It's nice to take a nap on a Saturday, but what if I didn't feel like I needed to take one. I am a stress and comfort eater. I don't get enough sleep. The most important thing is to be healthy for my kids. But it is so hard to give up the little bit of free time I have to implement these changes. Meal prep, working out, going to bed earlier. Easier said than done! I guess I just have to take one day at a time and make small changes instead of something completely drastic.


No comments: