Thursday, December 20, 2012

DIY Collage Watch

I don't know about you, but all the hustle and bustle of this season stresses me out to no end! So in order to help me relax, I find little projects that I can do that make me happy. They can't be time consuming, or cost a lot of money, because then the guilt sets in that I shouldn't really be spending time or money on myself.

My favorite retailer - Anthropologie - is currently offering this beautiful Collage Watch. It comes in a few other color themes I believe too. A few years ago, I bought a lot grouping of vintage watches off eBay for a project I was doing. The little pretty shown above was one of them. It didn't make it into my project, but I just loved the look of it. The face is cracked, but it is flanked by gorgeous emerald cut and round rhinestones. When I was at Hobby Lobby the other day, I noticed this strand of various components. At half off, I purchased them so as you can see they were $4.

It was really quick to assemble - I added the watch into the mix and took out any links I didn't need. Luckily, I had enough so that I wouldn't have any repeats! Lobster clasp and done! Out of curiosity, I wound the watch to see if it would keep the time and it did (although it was a little off). I didn't mind though - I knew this would be more of a "bracelet" to me than an actual watch. It's going to look great combined with other bracelets for a layered look.

So there you have it - a $68 pretty for under $10!




No comments: