Wednesday, October 29, 2008

Back in the Swing....

Wow... it has been really hard for me to get back into the swing of things after my 3 day trip to Wisconsin! I had such a peaceful and relaxing time, and now that I am back I feel instantly overwhelmed again! Here's why: quiz in class tonight, homework due for class tomorrow, getting prepared for a small Halloween gathering at our house on Friday night, dressing up at work today, volunteering at the Art Center on Saturday. I started to feel under the weather yesterday so I went home early from work to rest. I felt guilty laying around all night, but I knew if I didn't I was just going to get worse. I sometimes get in moods where I know there is a list of things to be done, but I just plain don't feel like doing any of it. I keep telling myself that getting stressed out over a casual Halloween party is silly - but I want to try and do all of the cool recipes and tricks I have seen over the years!


Anyway, the Madonna concert was great. Love her or hate her, she puts on a heck of a show for being 50. I don't care what her political views are or how nasty her divorce is - I just want to see her sing and dance. This was the 4th time I have seen her on tour. I remember getting her very first album (cassette tape back then) at the store with my Grandpa. He called my Mom to ask her if I could have it because he didn't think some of the lyrics were appropriate. Man, if we could have only predicted what kids are doing now - that seems tame! I also remember dressing up like her and my Mom coming home from work saying I could not go to the store with her looking like I did.



Other good news - I did win the item I was bidding on from eBay. The director at the Art Center collects dolls and at our Annual Meeting last week, she had the cutest little pumpkin man displayed on our refreshment table. She said she had gotten him at TJ Maxx several years ago so I knew there was no hope of me finding one there now. I am always amazed that I can usually always find what I am looking for on eBay. The picture from the auction does not do him justice. He has so much character! He has a delicate little face, hands and shoes. He had a lovely velvet outfit complete with acorn cuff links and a stop watch. His little bag holds a mouse. I think I'll be able to keep him up through Thanksgiving. Does anyone have any good name ideas for him?

No comments: