Wednesday, August 17, 2016

Back to Basics

In yesterday's post, I talked about being frustrated putting outfits together sometimes. Feeling like I am trying too hard or forcing it. I think we can often feel like this at the end of a season. Don't get me wrong, I LOVE Summer and don't want it to end. But we've had quite a hot spell lately. I find a good "reset" helps a lot. Go back to the basics - they are not boring if you style them right. Wear pieces that you know work for you and you feel good in. I felt great in this outfit the day I wore it! Black and white with a jean jacket - done! You can see a similar look when I was pregnant here, and you can see another way I wore this flowy white top here.

High Rise Black Jeggings : American Eagle
 Simply Vera White Top : Kohl's
Gap Jean Jacket : Consignment Shop
Rampage Sandals : Meijer
Tahari Sunglasses : TJ Maxx
Monogram Necklace : jewelry store where we lived in Illinois



Linking up with Fashion Should Be Fun

3 comments:

osterman3adopt said... Best Blogger Tips[Reply to comment]Best Blogger Templates

Super fun shirt with those pants. Very flattering!

Dawn Lucy - Fashion Should Be Fun said... Best Blogger Tips[Reply to comment]Best Blogger Templates

Super cute look and beyond basic for sure! Thanks for much for linking up with Fun Fashion Friday! Enjoy your weekend!

OXOX
Dawn Lucy
http://fashionshouldbefun.blogspot.com

Shelbee On The Edge said... Best Blogger Tips[Reply to comment]Best Blogger Templates

I love this look! Such a classic combination and that shirt is fabulous!

I would love for you to come join my weekly link up On the Edge of the Week! It goes live every Thursday at 5:00 p.m. EST and stays open for the week! Have a wonderful day!

Shelbee
http://www.shelbeeontheedge.com/army-banquet-and-on-the-edge-of-the-week-link-up-10/