Thursday, February 4, 2016

Date Night

You're probably going to get sick of me talking about Anthropologie's Tag Sale (now over) as I slowly start to wear some of the things I bought over the past few months. Between Black Friday up until just last week, I was lucky enough to score some pretty good deals whether I was able to visit a store or shop online. I bought this dress while the extra 40% was going on. I have to admit, I am a sucker for velvet. ESPECIALLY teal blue velvet! It reminds me of peacock feathers. I realized that I hadn't owned any velvet for a while (my previous pieces long gone from wear or not fitting) so I thought it was time to change that. This baby doll style shirt dress sure reminds me of my early 90's grunge days! Its loose fit doesn't do anything for the figure, but I'd rather embrace comfort. Especially when indulging in a good meal and movie with my man.

Since moving to the East side of the State, every date is a new culinary adventure. While dinner and a movie seems like an old standby, we've made it our goal to try a new restaurant every time we go out. And the Ann Arbor area sure does not disappoint! It's a catch 22 really, because since we don't get out that often, we want to make sure the time and money we spend is well worth it. So trying a new place can be uneasy even with internet research and reviews. Once you find a place you like, you might be inclined to just keep going back there (which I know we will once we feel we've explored enough). But I am glad we've stayed interested in changing things up, and with Saturday being only our 4th new place, we've only just begun......

Brown Tights and Boots : JC Penney (old)
Peacock Feather Necklace : gift from Jon

I wore this dress to work last week as well, with black tights and black booties. I am also dreaming up a way to wear it open, like a duster jacket, with jeans.

Linking up with Fashion Should Be Fun






2 comments:

Ginger Wroot said... Best Blogger Tips[Reply to comment]Best Blogger Templates

I absolutely love velvet, so I'm suffering from some major envy right now over this dress. It's so pretty on you, and I adore the color!
--G
gingerwroot.com

Dawn Lucy said... Best Blogger Tips[Reply to comment]Best Blogger Templates

Such a cute little swing dress and what a fab color!

Thanks so much for being a part of Fun Fashion Friday!

OXOX
Dawn Lucy
http://fashionshouldbefun.blogspot.com