Thursday, September 17, 2015

The Armory

I hadn't been to the Armory in Jackson yet..... but it is a popular place for photos as well as other things. It's been turned into a tourist attraction, complete with housing for artists and their studios. How cool! I am lucky enough to work with one of my best friends again (since both of us left Battle Creek) so we had an adventure during our lunch hour.

Kristen had been to the Armory several times already. She had her engagement pictures taken there, and recently took engagement pictures for her nephew there. It was so nice to have a live person behind the camera instead of my tripod/timer. She has been such a wonderful photographer for me and my family over the years! I am totally in love with this place now and would love to have some new family photos taken here. And you can bet plenty of more blog pictures!

Sooooo, onto the outfit details. This dress is another great score from a local boutique. As many times as I have shopped the charming downtown Chelsea area, I had never been into Vogel & Foster's. We were there last month for the town's last Thursday night music fests that run all summer long. The sidewalk sale racks lured me into the store where I found this Desigual Macarena dress. Retailing for $119, it was marked half price to $59.50. Then, the store had a $10 coupon for the event so that brought it down to $49.50. Not bad. I was so impressed by the variety of cute items in this store and their amazing customer service, I will definitely be back! So often we get into the mindset of only shopping big retailers who offer non-stop sales and coupons. Now, $50 still may seem like a lot to some people for a dress but I always think of it this way:

1. Is it a designer brand that I wouldn't be able to afford at full price?
2. Is it unique enough that I won't see everyone else walking around in it?
3. Is the quality better, thus making it fit better and last longer?
4. Am I supporting a local business?

Since this is a halter dress, I wore a black t-shirt over the top of it. I also wore a butterfly necklace I made that was published in the Spring 2013 Jewelry Affaire magazine. 
Linking up with Fashion Should Be Fun!










2 comments:

Alicia Rodriguez said... Best Blogger Tips[Reply to comment]Best Blogger Templates

That skirt is completely stunning. I love the colors and butterflies.

Alicia | Between the Pearls

Dawn Lucy said... Best Blogger Tips[Reply to comment]Best Blogger Templates

Such a gorgeous dress ... oh wow, love this!!! Very special look!!!

Thanks for being a part of Fun Fashion Friday. Hope your weekend has been fab!

OXOX
Dawn Lucy
http://fashionshouldbefun.blogspot.com