Thursday, May 7, 2015

Made For Each Other

Remember my $6 necklace from last Fall? I have worn it with so many things.... the latest of which is this maxi dress. When I brought this dress home and saw it with the necklace, I was speechless. I couldn't ask for a more perfect match! Funny how things like that work out and sometimes it can be years in the making. I had a lot of people comment on this today and it was fun to tell the story.
And remember my Seychelles sandals from last year? They have been my "go to" sandal so far this Spring. It is either between them and this black pair (also from last summer) every. single. day. When I see a pattern like this, it almost makes me want to pare down all of my sandals to simplify things. Almost.
So there you have it.... sometimes the most unexpected and/or cheapest finds can be huge staples in your wardrobe. A $6 necklace. Sandals for $7.50. My first chambray top that I initially rebelled against but now own like 4 more!
So let's talk about the dress. A few weeks ago, Anthropologie was having a dress sale and I decided to treat myself. I couldn't help but love this beauty with it's colors and pattern. A little geometric, a little peacock, a lot comfy!
The details:

Maeve "Noetzie" maxi dress - Anthropologie
Seychelles "Departure" sandals - Anthropologie
Anthropologie "Clifton Strands" necklace - TJ Maxx
Nine West blouse - TJ Maxx
Jessica Simpson sunglasses - TJ Maxx

Wore to work, and then took the kids to the park in the evening.

Linking up with Fashion Should Be Fun

6 comments:

Dawn Lucy said... Best Blogger Tips[Reply to comment]Best Blogger Templates

Love this cool boho look! Thanks so much for sharing with Fun Fashion Friday!
OXOX
Dawn Lucy
http://fashionshouldbefun.blogspot.com

J. Elle said... Best Blogger Tips[Reply to comment]Best Blogger Templates

Gorgeous, gorgeous look! Your skirt is so fabulous and I love how you styled it!

Jennie
http://www.apocketfulofpolkadots.com/

Shellie Bowdoin said... Best Blogger Tips[Reply to comment]Best Blogger Templates

You couldn't have done better if you had bought them together. Don't you love it when things work out that way?!

The tied up shirt at the top is a nice way to finish off the look.

Shellie
www.thefabjourney.com

peacockfairy said... Best Blogger Tips[Reply to comment]Best Blogger Templates

@Dawn LucyThanks for hosting Dawn Lucy!

peacockfairy said... Best Blogger Tips[Reply to comment]Best Blogger Templates

@J. ElleThank you Jennie!

peacockfairy said... Best Blogger Tips[Reply to comment]Best Blogger Templates

@Shellie BowdoinThanks for stopping by Shellie!