Sunday, March 15, 2015

Granny Square

So in my last post, I said I was going to talk about more handmade/crochet/afghan type sweaters. This is another recent addition.....
Inspiration: Miu Miu (Prada) Resort 2015 runway photos.
This link shows the vest retailing for $1,490
When I started looking around at crochet sweaters, I came across these on Pinterest. I know, kinda kooky, but when I have ever been known to wear normal clothes? For some reason, they just drew me in, especially when mixed with such crazy prints.
Of course, a quick search on eBay and Etsy found several sellers who were making their own vests for us common folk. I mean really, even if I had the means to spend that kind of money on one piece of clothing, I would like to think that I would still have COMMON SENSE and scout out a better deal. Especially for something that looks like it came out of Granny's basement.
So after doing my homework, I selected who I wanted to buy from. I choose blue/brown/white for my colors because I thought it would go with the most of what I own. For it's first outing, I decided to keep with the inspiration and do a crazy print. But I also can't wait to wear it over a simple white or chambray button down shirt and jeans.
Crochet Vest - Orawan Crochet
Nicole Ritchie Peacock Dress - Macy's (seen here)



Linking up with Fashion Should Be Fun

2 comments:

Dawn Lucy said... Best Blogger Tips[Reply to comment]Best Blogger Templates

Oh my gosh, I'm loving this! Memories from the 70's and the crazy things Grandma used to knit for me. You styled it perfectly! Thanks so much for sharing with Fun Fashion Friday!
OXOx
Dawn Lucy
http://fashionshouldbefun.blogspot.com

peacockfairy said... Best Blogger Tips[Reply to comment]Best Blogger Templates

Thank you Dawn! This certainly is a statement piece that will be fun to play with!